How to Start an Online Business | Six Steps to Success Online
There is a proven sequence of steps you can follow to guarantee your success when you’re starting a small business online. I’ve seen thousands of people start and grow successful businesses by doing the following:
The internet changes so fast that one year online equals about five years in the real world. But the principles of how to start and grow a successful online business haven’t changed at all. If you’re just starting a small business online, stick to this sequence. If you’ve been online awhile, do a quick review and see if there’s a step you’re neglecting, or never got around to doing in the first place. You can’t go wrong with the basics.
The 6 Skills You Will Need to Start an Online Business
While I think anyone can start a successful online business around their passion, I don’t think it’s right for everyone.
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Content Creation: You have to get good at creating content. That could mean writing, recording podcasts, or even creating videos on a week to week basis.
2. Mindset: You MUST have a mindset of ruthless determination. When you do, you’ll not only succeed in business, but you’ll also dramatically improve your life. You’ll face a lot of problems, and you’ll want to give up, but those that succeed… keep going, and going and going.
3. Delegation: You have to learn to delegate what you’re not good at. Design and technical stuff irritates me, so I pay someone to take care of them. It doesn’t have to be expensive if you’re smart. It’s all about finding ways to make things easy for you, so you can focus on your strengths.
3. Pragmatism: You have to be realistic in business. If you’re not getting the results you want, something has to change and that something is YOU!. Leave your ego at the door. Forget about what might work and learn what does work. Learn from people who get results. Learn from the BEST!
4. Failure: You will fail, a lot. You will fall flat on your face. You will wish you had a steady paycheck. The more you can fail and learn, the faster you will gain experience. Failure doesn’t mean you’re not good enough. It just means you’re learning, which is essential to success. Remember this:
FAIL = First Attempt In Learning
5. Action: While I think learning is great, there comes a time when it becomes irrelevant. At some point you have to stop buying courses and reading more books. You have to apply what you’ve learned to get real results. You have to take action. You have to constantly ask yourself what you can DO with what you’ve GOT.
6. Focus: Perhaps most important of all, you have to learn to focus on the right things to get the right results. This is a business. This is YOUR business. You’re not here to play around. You’re here to create value and sell that value to the right people. And above all you have to work on YOUR business not in your business.
Subscribe to Ameer’s Channel:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Google+:
Follow on Twitter:
Follow on LinkedIn: