News Anchors Quit on the Air..Wow,,,Take This Job I’m out of here….


News Anchors left in the air … Wow … Take this job I'm out of here …

Anyone who has been fed up with salaries, administration or other issues that have made a job unbearable has surely dreamed of a "take it and lose it" moment. However, for most, the news of the moment probably would not leave the walls of the workplace.

That was not the case with a duo of TV news anchors in Bangor, Maine, who left their jobs in front of thousands of viewers at the end of the Tuesday night newscast.

In what allegedly was inspired by a conflict with top management, co-presenters Cindy Michaels and Tony Consiglio announced to viewers that it would be their last show, the Bangor Daily News reported.

The news anchors shared more than 12 years of experience working for WVII and sister station WFVX, according to the Daily News.

"Some recent events have caught our attention … and leaving together is the best alternative we can take," Consiglio told viewers.

"We wanted to be able to say goodbye thoughtfully and sincerely to our viewers and the many communities we serve over the years," Michaels told NBC News in an email on Wednesday. "We designed something to avoid detour and emotion."

Michaels, 46, and Consiglio, 28, did not tell their decision to anyone before the news, according to the Bangor Daily News. The newspaper reported that journalists were frustrated over the past four years by the way they were told to do their job. In his approval, Michaels claimed that the two were "the longest running news team in Bangor," with six years at the counter.

————————————————– ——————————

"There was a lack of constant respect and belittling of the staff and we both felt there was a lack of knowledge on the part of the property and senior management to run a newsroom to the extent that I was not allowed to structure and direct them professionally," Michaels , who also served as news director of the station, told the Bangor Daily News. His co-presenter, Consiglio, also served as executive producer of the station.

"There was a regular cancellation of the decisions made by me, the news director," Michaels told NBC News, citing that stories loaded with political content were sometimes not treated with an unbiased approach.

Related: dramatic stories of leaving jobs

Michaels' public profile on LinkedIn indicates that he has worked at the station since October 2006. Consiglio, who was previously a sportscaster and reporter before moving on to the role of news anchor, has worked at the station since April 2006, according to your public LinkedIn profile. .

Mike Palmer, vice president and general manager of the station, told the Bangor Daily News that the incident was "unfortunate, but not unexpected." Palmer denied claims that senior management was involved in the daily production of news.

"We will hire experienced people to fill these positions as soon as possible," he told the newspaper.

As of Wednesday morning, the WVII employment page does not mention open job opportunities, but Bangor Daily News reported that Palmer posted job openings notices online Tuesday night.

The anchors continue: Michaels told viewers he would seek independent writing, while Consiglio said he will continue his career "in another capacity".

Watch the video of the final co-signatories on the Bangor Daily News website.

Video credits to keepinguuptodate YouTube channel





  • Your reaction?
    Angry Angry
    0
    Angry
    Lol Lol
    0
    Lol
    Love It! Love It!
    0
    Love It!
    Nice Nice
    0
    Nice
    Now I Know Now I Know
    0
    Now I Know
    Sad Sad
    0
    Sad
    Surprised Surprised
    0
    Surprised
    Wow! Wow!
    0
    Wow!
    WTF WTF
    0
    WTF

    News Anchors Quit on the Air..Wow,,,Take This Job I’m out of here….

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    log in

    reset password

    Back to
    log in