work at home job tips
Learn more about concrete examples of video Job Interview Do not and do not do here:
It is quite difficult to interview in face-to-face, let alone in front of a camera and a microphone. But video interviews are becoming more and more common in the hiring process. Video interviews could be conducted if you are applying for a job in another city, province or country. Or it could be the way the hiring manager prefers conducting interviews as it allows him to connect with the candidate earlier in the hiring process. If you are new to video interviews, there is no reason to panic!
In this video, we will show you common mistakes and important tips to help you create an excellent first impression on camera.
Here are the 5 video interviewing job tips you will learn:
1. Test all equipment and technology before recording. And test again!
2. Check the lighting in the room. You want to avoid too much or too little light. Also, pay attention to too many shadows and glare.
3. Dress professionally. Just because you are in the comfort of your own home does not mean wearing your bathrobe and your pajamas are an acceptable garment for your video interview.
4. Select a suitable location without distortion. You do not want someone to enter your video interview without notice.
5. Act professionally. If you do not do it in front of an interviewer, do not do it in your video interview!
And remember, video interviews are a skill and, like any other skill, you improve with practice!
Ready? Let's go through the Job Interview video, do it and do not do it, so you can nail your next video interview!
Video credits to Workopolis YouTube channel